Monday, September 8, 2014

One Piece Hand Painted Shoes

I'm a big One Piece fan and my two most favorite characters are D' brothers as I call them,
Portgas D. Ace and Monkey D. Luffy. 
If you have plain shoes lying around I recommend you paintify them xD
It's so easy and fun!

Materials Needed:
 Plain Shoes
Pen/Pencil
Acrylic Paint
(Black,White,Orange,Red,Blue,Yellow,Brown)
Paint Brush
Shoe-Stretcher/Socks/Newspaper

First, choose what pose and expressions you want.
Then, start sketching. Make sure to stuff the inside of the shoe.
You could stuff it with socks,newspaper or shoe-stretcher which I used to have a flat
and even surface to sketch on.
Don't be afraid to make a mess it can be cover by paint xD

To make brown mix blue and yellow.
Once done, add white on brown till you get Luffy's skin-tone.
Now using Luffy's brown mix a bit of red/orange for Ace's peachy skin-tone.
This is where I had a lot of fun, I really like mixing colors.

Next, is to paint inside the line.
This is the part where you don't want to make a mess especially when your doing the outline.
Be really careful not to smudge the paint, just look at what happened to Luffy's nose, lol.

 I also paint their respective Jolly Roger's at the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment